Saturday, January 10, 2009

Gospel Music

Bill and I have enjoyed gospel music especially the Bill Gaither Homecoming group. We always record it on Day Star Network every Saturday night. Anyway Ernie Haase told a story about when he was a little boy that his grandfather use to offer prayer with his hand on Ernie's heart and say - Lord I know you'll use this boy in your service because he has a good heart. - I thought what a wonderful idea to plant into a child's mind - that he has a good heart and the Lord will use him - I thought I would pass that along to all of you that you might use something similar in your prayers for your children, and name them one by one to the Lord. Anyway, they have a new CD out called "Dream On" and I really like it. We have Grandma Ida to thank for introducing this spirit inspired gospel music.

2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful idea. Anything to boost their self-worth is always a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have from time to time prayed out loud with the family about each one of our children and it really does change them. They feel completely special and loved. But we have never specifically prayed about their hearts. Its a good idea.

    ReplyDelete