When Bill and I went to see the King Tut exhibit at the Atlanta Civic Center, I bought a calendar that is an 2008-09 calendar - but it has a lot of the pictures of the artifacts that were in the exhibit that wanted to take pictures of but could not. So I have laminated that calendar and then printed out their descriptions. All of this took hours~! But I plan to at some point hang thsm in my classroom. At this point my room is full and I will probably hopefully have to move at the end of the year because they are going to do repairs. I am praying I can move to a new classroom as my room is HOT every single day. Even in the dead of winter MY room is HOT. Anyway, its a small thing but I am excited that I got that done. Then I went to a exhibitmerchandising web site that was listed on the back of the calendar and bought 2 really cool books on King Tut. The books in the museum gift shop were very expensive. I hope you like my cool pictures! I worked very hard at getting them -

Well, my grandson Gabe, gave me a cold and diarrhea. I started getting sick Sunday night and have battled it with loads of Vit C and Viacam. Anyway I am much better now. I have used a lot of kleenex. I hope Gabe is doing better. I have been sicker this year than other years. Starting the New Year off sick is a bummer.
WEEK AT SCHOOL
I have had a rough week at school the kids are just wild. But I must say I did have a good experience also. A student I will call "J" who is definitely a problem in class - we have battled over and over - yet I like him and he likes me. In fact at times has said that I am his favorite teacher!! In spite that I have written him up over and over. I also had him in Middle School so the Lord seems to think that we NEED to associate with one another. Anyway- I had the kids in groups and everyone was working really well - a teacher's DREAM - the group he was in began to talk about God. I did not hear the conversation. But a girl in the group had a small New Testament pocket sized scripture. J had it - held it up to me and "Mrs. Bond find something in here that I need to read." I said Okay!!! - So in my mind I was praying that I could quickly find a scripture that would apply to him before the moment was gone. I opened it to Matthew 4 and read 1-4 : I said read this especially verse 4 - "man cannot live by bread alone." So he read it and yelled out to me - I don't know what that means (after the girl in the group tried to explain it to him). I said it means that you have to not only feed your body but you have to feed your spirit - your soul needs spiritual food. It was like a light bulb went on inside his head. He said - Oh... I get it - I am going to read more! NOW THAT IS A VICTORY - I have them in groups all the time - and I overheard him telling someone that he had a dream that scared him - someone came to him and told him that he had to change that the things he was doing was very wrong - He's into having sex with a girl in my class also - they are very free with that information. Anyway he said "I'm not stopping doing stuff I don't care, I ain't quiting! I wanted to intervein and give him council but decided since it was not directed to me that I would not. Anyway this was a small thing but could lead to great things. This kid is extremely smart but likes to argue and cause a big stir with me AND his classmates.



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMom, I am so pleased with all your hard work. YOu have done really really good. I don't know about that space. That has never happened to me but I have seen in on some of my friends blogs. I am sorry that you had a tough week but am glad you had that one small success with "J"!!
ReplyDeleteHey Dana - I figured it out I think I was just to tried before but I got the huge space out of the entry
ReplyDeleteMOM!!!! AWSOME!!! Sometimes acting on what the Spirit is telling you takes a long time. When you are comfortable in your lifestyle, its easier to stay that way. But eventually the Spirit hits you upside the head and you realize Heavenly Father's way IS much better. It may be a long road before "J" sees it that way. What a wonderful interaction. Good job.
ReplyDeleteSorry you are sick from Gabe. And I am impressed about you using web pictures. You are getting good at this blog thing! I am glad you conformed :0)
I love you and Miss you soooooooooo much!
Wow mom, that's amazing!! Don't ever think you don't make a difference!!
ReplyDeletePS) how long is that king tut exhibit there?? I'd love to see it!
ReplyDelete