
Well, another experience with "J" - Last week I was checking roll on the computer and a male voice said the "f" word loudly enough for me to hear it. It came from where J was sitting - I said I heard that and I am writing you up (I was mad because I just cannot have that in class) - It sounded like "J"'s voice. He jumped up yelling - "I didn't say that" - and I argued with him because they will lie to get out of an office referal - Oh and the girls in front kept saying yeah "J" said it - (They like/hate him and want to get him in trouble.) - and then he argues with them. Finally "A" said "I said it" then I said you're just trying to help him out. I could have sworn "J" said it. However, I do know that finally he will own up to what he has done - but this time he was angry and kept denying it. So he finally WALKED out of my class. I thought well now I have to write him up. - And I was beginning to think that he really didn't say it. Anyway, he was gone for about 10 minutes and I went about checking classwork and he came back in and sat down quietly - so... I asked "J" and "A" to come out in the hall with me. (I was praying the whole time that I could be inspired as to what to say because it was a very volitile situation) - I spoke to both of them - and said okay who said it. "A" said I did! I would not take the fall for him. I said well it sounded like "J"'s voice and I just thought you were trying to save him. Okay - I am not going to write anyone up - but you CANNOT cuss in my class. I want the spirit of the Lord in my room and that drives the spirit right out. Okay Mrs. Bond we will not cuss. -And then I told "J" you HAVE to learn to control your temper. I understand having a temper because I have one also. But you have to control it. I said you can be anything you want to be but you will blow it if you do not control your temper. So all was peaceful and calm the rest of the class period. Then the bell rang - after everyone left - "J" apoloized to me!!!! I mean NO student apolozies. They are just to proud to do that. Anyway - another victory in the road of teaching. It is SUCH a hard job because we deal with so... many personalities. One teacher said he made a student cry because he asked her to step out in the hall to collect herself because she was laughing so hard it was disruptive! - So she got all upset and was crying!!! - He said that's the difference in teaching accelerated classes - in regular classes - you can hit them up beside the head with a brick and its oh well. I mean it is so.. hard to read every personality.



Well something happened to the pictures at the bottom - I wanted them side by side but didn't happen.
ReplyDeleteJewels in your crown, Sydney. That's all I can say!!! :o)
ReplyDeleteYeah, seriously, that's great! Especially the reason you gave them. I'm certain they've never heard that before! And J loves you. You can teach him all kinds of things with that! Oh, the pictures are probably because the big one is too big, they don't both fit.
ReplyDeleteGood job mom. That right there is why you are there. I can't imagine dealing with that day in and day out but those kids need you there. I am also glad you said that about the Spirit being in your classroom. Good job! And I agree, J loves you.
ReplyDelete